What is renewable energy?
Renewable energy is generated from natural resources such as the sun, wind, and water, using technology which ensures that the energy stores are naturally replenished.
Instead of buying all of your energy from suppliers, you can install renewables technology (also called micro generation and low-carbon technology) to generate your own.
What are the benefits of installing renewables?
There are lots of good reasons to use renewables. You will be:
- Making use of secure and local resources
- Reducing your dependence on non-renewable energy
- Helping to reduce the production of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases
- Creating new jobs in renewable energy industries
- Reducing your energy bills.
In some cases you can generate income by selling your surplus energy back to your energy provider.