What is the Boiler Upgrade Scheme?
The Boiler Upgrade Scheme (B.U.S.) began in 2022. It supports the de-carbonisation of homes and can help with the cost of installing a Heat Pump in England and Wales. It can entitle you to:
-£7,500 off the cost and installation of an Air Source Heat Pump
-£7,500 off the cost and installation of a Ground Source Heat Pump
Since April 2022, we have been helping customers take advantage of this scheme and we can make the whole process go smoothly for you. We’ll confirm that you’re eligible for the grant before the survey so once you’re happy with our quote, we can apply for the grant on your behalf. The value of the grant will be taken off the amount you pay for your installation.
One grant is available per property and there are certain eligibility criteria:
- You cannot get the grant for a hybrid Heat Pump system (for example, a combination of a gas boiler and Air Source Heat Pump)
- The system must meet certain standards, such as minimum efficient levels (we can advise you on these)
- The system’s capacity must be less than 45kWh
You cannot get the grant if you’re replacing a low-carbon system To be eligible, the following must all be true. You must:
- Own the property you’re applying for
- Be replacing a fossil fuel system (such as oil, gas, or electric)
- Your property must have a valid Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)
- You must have no outstanding recommendations for loft or cavity wall insulation
If you’re not sure whether you’d be eligible, feel free to call our team and we can advise you.